Papa Cannizzaro's Fried Bell Peppers



I went to the store today and saw that green bell peppers were on sale.  So I bought six large beautiful green peppers.  One of my favorite recipes my father made when I was growing up was his Fried Bell Peppers.  


If you make this dish, comment your review.
Very easy recipe:

  • 6 Green Bell Peppers or as many bellpeppers as you like.  (Remember they shrink as you cook them.  This was perfect for feeding the four of us.)
  • Olive Oil
  • Chopped Garlic (I used three wedges from the bulb)
  • Red Wine Vinegar
  • Salt to taste
  1. Wash and discard all the seeds from the Pepper.
  2. Cut the pepper in one inch pieces (see photo) .
  3. Add Olive Oil to a pan (coating the bottom).  Make sure it's a large pan that you can spread the peppers evenly across the bottom for even cooking.
  4. Add chopped garlic and bell peppers... stirring around.
  5. Add Red Wine Vinegar.  I do it by taste and throughout the cooking.  So I throw some on all round the peppers and stir.  I repeat this probably two more times.
  6. Add salt
  7. Cook this until the peppers are almost charred (see photo).  
Cooking time is about 20-30 minutes depending on how many peppers you have in the pan.  Key is that they are charred and look as they do in the photo.
Enjoy 

0 comments:

Post a Comment